Bays and Bayous Symposium committee releases call for abstracts, sessions
The 2018 Alabama-Mississippi Bays and Bayous Symposium Program Committee has released a call for abstracts and sessions for the Nov. 28-29 event in Mobile, Alabama.
Track topics include the following:
- Water Quality: Assessing and improving water quality to support economies, ecosystem services, culture and community resilience
- Habitat Management: Conservation and restoration for resilient ecosystem service provision to support healthy populations and communities
- Living Resources: Understanding the flora and fauna of coastal ecosystems and their contributions to ecosystem function
- Resilient Communities: Adapting to environmental changes to maintain economies, ecosystem service provision, cultural values and quality of life in the face of natural and anthropogenic stressors
- Oil Spill Research, Recovery and Restoration: Sharing research results, recovery approaches and/or successful restoration efforts related to Deepwater Horizon or other oil spills impacting the northern Gulf of Mexico
The committee also encourages science, research and restoration practitioners to propose full thematic group sessions, focusing on different aspects of the same project or issue. There will be student presentation awards, too.
Abstracts must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Aug. 31.
The Call for Abstracts/Sessions is attached. Please note presentations will be 10 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for Q&A.
More info about Bays and Bayous is available on the event website.