Community Action Committee
The purpose of this committee is to bring together grassroots organizations for networking, information sharing, issues development, and cooperative training purposes that support the development of grassroots capacity for undertaking environmental activities on a place based scale. The Community Action Committee is made up to place-based, grassroots organization and volunteer association representatives and engages in the following:
- Discuss/educate on the issues and how they relate to environmental sustainability (i.e., stormwater managment, public access, environmentally appropriate affordable housing, and habitat protection).
- Educates others on committee about individual organizational efforts to address issues (opportunities for agencies to present what they do to the goup, opportunities for groups to learn new ways of energizing constituencies).
- Engages in constructive dialogue on ways to partner with each other to effect positive results.
- Identifies community resources to effectively aid in addressing issues/challenges.
- Provides increased opportunities for public participation and project involvement (i.e., citizen monitoring, volunteer opportunities, etc.).
- Identifies projects and assists with planning for implementation (i.e., water quality monitoring, habitat conservation, restoration and protection, data management, public access, etc.).
- Cooperatively identifies tasks/roles for MBNEP in addressing issues or galvanizing action.
January 25, 2017
May 20, 2016
February 17, 2016
Watershed Planning Workshop