Project Implementation Committee
The purpose of this committee is to bring together resource management agencies and organizations to undertake environmental restoration and education projects. In the past year, the “PIC” began to hold joint meetings with the Coastal Alabama Clean Water Partnership to align efforts. Made up of resource managers or those who "put shovels in the ground," the Project Implementation Committee engages in the following:
- Assess restoration needs and resources and prioritize watershed adn project accordingly.
- Uses sediment analyses and wateshed planning as a basis for conducting restoration activities.
- Identifies projects andplan for their implementation (i.e., water quality monitoring, habitat conservation, restoration and protection, data managment, plan access, etc.).
- Identifies tasks and citizen input mechanisms to be implemented.
- Conducts periodic project status meetings to track progress.
- Cooperatively identifies tasks/roles for MBNEP in addressing issues or galvanizing action.
February 15, 2017: Agenda, Minutes
August 18, 2016:
Presentations: Overview, Watershed Management Plan Update, Lake Forest Mapping Study
May 31, 2016:
Presentations: Watershed Management Plan Update, EESLR-NGOM Project: Getting Access
February 18, 2016:
Presentations: Overview, Watershed Planning Update,
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Interagency Working Group,
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Alabama Barrier Island Restoration