Science Advisory Committee
The purpose of this committee is to provide guidance on priority setting by the program based on scientific understanding of the issues and to recommend necessary monitoring and research activities to inform the development of status and trends of the estuarine environment. The Science Advisory Committee includes scientists and government agency personnel interested in developing mechanisms for measuring ecosystem health and engages in the following:
- Assesses trends to determine where stresses are most acute in the system.
- Develops frameworks and monitoring protocols for measuring changes in ecosystem health.
- Provides technical advice or conducts a scientific review of issues/activities requested by other committees.
- Identifies opportunities for public participation and project involvement (i.e., citizen monitoring).
- Identifies projects and assists with planning for their implementation (i.e., water quality monitoring, data management).
- Cooperatively identifies tasks/roles for MBNEP in addressing issues or galvanizing action.
August 23, 2107: Agenda & Minutes
Fowl River Marsh Study
May 24, 2017: Agenda & Minutes
Tensaw-Apalachee Mobile Watershed Management,
Utilizing NASA Earth Observations to Monitor Salinity in Coastal Alabama Waters,
Habitat Restoration, Conservation and Protection Plan for Coastal Alabama
February 8, 2017: Agenda, Minutes
January 17, 2017: Agenda and Minutes
Leveraging "Respect" for the Connect in an infrastructure-centric Policy Environment,
Fowl River Marsh Health and Recovery Study,
ADEM surface water monitoring plan 2016-17
August 17, 2016: Agenda and Minutes
Mapping of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation in Mobile Bay,
Oil Spill Science Discoveries Update,
Riparian Habitat Quality Assessment Following Stream Restoration,
Mobile Bay Ecological Forecasting II
May 25, 2016: Agenda & Minutes
USDA-NRCS MLRA 152A & 133A Update Mobile County,
Wetland/Upland Habitat Mapping Update,
State of the Bay - Indices,
Storm Surge Modeling in Watershed Planning,
Watershed Management Planning
February 24, 2016: Agenda, Minutes
HABs Gulf Coast 2016, ADEM